OPPCharge – Fast Charging of Electric VehiclesMay 1, 2017 Uncategorized
The Nova Bus LFSe (Full Electric Bus) uses the OPPCharge system to recharge its batteries. The main benefit of that technology is that our e-bus is charged faster and more efficiently with several small charge during the day (instead of carrying a heavy battery). This uses a common interface shared with several OEM and charging stations suppliers.
As of today, the Volvo Group have a lot of experience with this technology :
150 Electric Buses using 28 high-powered charging stations for ongoing projects in Europe and North America. Three Full Electric vehicles produced by Nova Bus were put in service in the City of Montreal on May 26.
To help you better understand OPP Charge superfast charging technology, uses here are some highlights and explanations:
The ultra-fast charging stations offer continuous operations
- Shorter charging time lets the users run a 24/7 bus service
High Power Charging Infrastructure
- Allows an intensive usage and shared infrastructure between buses for a better Return on Investment
Optimized system performance
- Less battery, less weight which means more passengers and better consumption
Electricity consumption distributed over day and night
- Power Outtake distributed geographically for a better balance on the grid
- Height : 4.5 meters (High Ground Clearance)
- Grid Voltage : 600V (CAN) / 480V (USA)
- Pantograph Voltage : >600V DC
- Charging Power : 300 / 450 kW
For more information, please visit www.oppcharge.org
About Nova Bus
Nova Bus is a leading provider of sustainable transit solutions in North America. Its portfolio includes hybrid electric buses, high-capacity vehicles and integrated intelligent transportation systems. Following its Electro MobilityTM strategy, Nova Bus is moving forward with the electrification of its vehicle key components to reduce fuel consumption and emissions. Nova Bus is part of the Volvo Group. For more information regarding Nova Bus products and services, please visit www.novabus.com.